Picturelife works best when the web app, desktop app, and mobile app are all used together.
The Smartloader is Picturelife's desktop application - once set up, the Smartloader runs in the background on your computer and automatically watches selected folders for new pictures & videos, and then uploads them to your Picturelife account. It takes the headache out of backing up your photos by automating the process and backing up your memories to Picturelife for you.
Setting up the desktop app is easy, and is essential to having a great Picturelife experience.
If you are running OS X 10.6 or OS X 10.6.8, please download the .dmg file from http://download.picturelife.com/mac/Picturelife-10.6.dmg
Install the Smartloader for Mac
- Start by downloading the Smartloader on your Mac
- The dmg file will be downloaded to your Mac Downloads folder - open that folder and double click to start the install
Sign in to the desktop application
- Once installed, you will be prompted to either sign in or create a new account. You only need one account no matter how many devices you want to use with Picturelife.
- When asked which subscription you want, either
- If you're new to Picturelife: select one of our three Premium subscriptions or, if you're just testing the service out, keep the free 8GB account by selecting Free; or
- For existing account holders: keep your existing plan (free or Premium) by selecting Free or update to a Premium subscription if you need more storage.
- When you reach the Folders screen, click anywhere on the screen - uncheck folders you do not want to upload from, or leave everything checked if you want Picturelife to search and upload photos from all of the listed sources
- Once the sign in is complete, you can find and adjust your desktop app Preferences by clicking on the Picturelife icon in your desktop menu bar.