If the Windows desktop app is not working correctly, it may be due to the fact that it was not installed correctly the first time.
This may happen if your network connection was disrupted during the installation process. Symptoms that it is not working correctly include, "Application is not responding" messages, the app crashes on start up, you're unable to upload photos from your PC, and you're unable to access the app due to a spinning cursor over the menu bar.
If you're experiencing the above, please try the following before contacting the support team.
First, uninstall the Smartloader
- Open the Start Menu and select Control Panel
- Select Programs
- Let the Programs list populate completely, then find and select Picturelife
- With Picturelife highlighted, click the Uninstall/Change button
- Select the radio button, "Remove the application from this computer" and then select OK
Once the program is uninstalled, you will be returned to your Programs list - make sure that Picturelife is not in the list. If it is, start the process again from the first step, above.
Second, remove local app data files
Occasionally, you will be unable to reinstall Picturelife unless all of the local Picturelife files are also removed from your PC. Below are the steps to remove any local files.
- Open a Windows browser window
- Copy and paste this into the browser bar - replace [your_windows_username] with your personal Windows login user name:
- Find, select, and right click on the Picturelife folder - select Delete from the drop down menu
- When prompted with "Are you sure you want to move this to the Recycle Bin?" select Yes
- This will remove your local Picturelife files, and will enable you to reinstall the program
Third, restart your PC
Finally, re-install the Smartloader
- Click this link from a desktop computer: Picturelife.com/download
- Find and click Download Smartloader for Windows
- Open and run the Picturelife installation process by double clicking on the downloaded folder - follow instructions to install the application
If after going through the above steps, please contact the email@example.com - be sure to let us know that you've already tried the uninstall / reinstall steps.