What is the Smartloader?
The Picturelife Smartloader takes the pain out of uploading your photos by automating the process.
Uploading your photos is boring. Boring "like-watching-paint-dry" kind of boring. And if you're anything like us, you have so many photos that maybe you've forgotten some of them exist! We get it - that's why we created the Smartloader.
Ok. But what, exactly, does it do?
It's is a free program for your Windows PC or Mac that automatically finds and uploads pictures and videos to your cloud-based Picturelife storage. All you need to do is tell the Smartloader where to look.
Sounds useful. How do I get the Smartloader?
- Start by downloading Picturelife on your Mac or PC
- During installation, you will be prompted to either sign in or create a new account. You only need one account, no matter how many devices you want to upload from.
- You'll have the option to upgrade to a Premium plan. Or, keep your existing (paid or free) plan by selecting 'free'
- Choose the folders you want Picturelife to upload photos from in the Folders to Upload screen - click anywhere on this screen, then select or remove your preferred upload source folders
- Once installed, you can change your upload settings from the app's Preferences menu
Premium account holders:
If you've already upgraded on the Picturelife website, select Free when you login to the Smartloader - Picturelife will automatically recognize your existing Premium subscription. There's no need to enter your credit card details more than once.
If you're not sure which subscription you have, check your Settings on the Picturelife website.
Done! Now, where can I see my uploaded pictures?
I want to change which folders Picturelife uploads from. How do I do that?
- Once the app is installed, you can change your upload settings at any time by clicking the Picturelife icon in your desktop menubar and selecting Preferences.
- Adjust your upload sources in the Folders tab.
- Check your previous uploads in the Accounts > Show Local Library tab (Mac only).
- Find advanced settings and debugging information in the Advanced tab.
For more detailed information on finding and changing your Smartloader Preferences, please see this article - How do I find and change my Mac desktop Smartloader preferences?
Upload Source(def): an upload source is a folder on your computer's hard drive that stores picture and video files. When you add an upload source to the Smartloader Folders list, Picturelife will automatically and periodically search that folder for new photos and videos to back up to your Picturelife cloud storage.