This tutorial explains how to remove the Smartloader software from your Mac. Removing the software does only that - removes software. It does NOT delete your Picturelife account - your Picturelife account will remain active unless you delete the account entirely.
Click here to learn how to delete your Picturelife account.
Click here to learn how to do a Clean Install (full reinstall) of the Mac desktop client.
If you are uncertain whether or not a clean install would help resolve the issues you're experiencing, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org first.
To completely remove the Mac desktop app from your computer:
Step 1: Quit Picturelife from Activity Monitor
- Open Activity Monitor (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor)
- Find and select Picturelife in the Activity Monitor list (or Smartloader, if you can't find Picturelife)
- Click Force Quit - the button looks like a hexagon with an X in the center (top left corner of Activity Monitor)
Step 2: Drag the Picturelife application to the Trash
- Open your Applications folder (Finder > Applications)
- Find, highlight, and drag Picturelife/Smartloader to your Trash
Step 3: Delete the Picturelife Library file
- From an open Applications folder, click Go in the menu bar
- Hold down the OPTION key on your keyboard and click Library from the Go drop down menu
- Find Picturelife in your Library files and drag the entire folder to the trash
This will completely remove all traces of the Picturelife desktop application (the Smartloader) from your Mac.
- How to do a Picturelife Mac clean install
- How to do a Picturelife Windows clean install
- How to delete your Picturelife account entirely
- How to unsinstall the Picturelife desktop app for Windows